Effective Date: November 20, 2019
2. Contact Information
4350 Starboard Dr
Fremont, CA 94538
4. Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our website AlertEnterprise.com, including information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (”Personal information”). We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us, or automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. We may also collect Personal Information from our service providers and business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the website.
- Your Email used to download the app from the app store.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit AlertEnterprise, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your contact details data and adjust your user preferences in your account profile. We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of AlertEnterprise’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by AlertEnterprise about our website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of AlertEnterprise, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form) or at any other time by logging into the website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the AlertEnterprise as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
7. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
8. Data Retention
9. Children Under the Age of 16
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
10. International Data Transfers
11. Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at the postal mailing address in Section 2 above.
Please see our Product Privacy Notice for information related to your use of AlertEnterprise’s products and services.
Product Privacy Notice
Effective Date: August 2020
AlertEnterprise and its customers enter into agreements that govern the provision of products and services by AlertEnterprise and their use by customers. This Product Privacy Notice only applies to the extent we process personal information in the role of a processor under the direction of our customers. Customers are responsible for complying with any privacy laws and regulations that require providing notice, disclosure, and/or obtaining consent prior to transferring any personal information to AlertEnterprise for processing purposes.
“End Users” as referenced in this Product Privacy Notice are those who use our customers’ applications, websites, products, and services.
2. Personal Information Received and Processed by AlertEnterprise
End User Information: AlertEnterprise does not collect or store any technical identifiers that might identify a computer, device, browser or application (e.g., IP address and other similar unique identifiers) of End Users. When End Users enable face recognition services on customers’ visitor management kiosks (VIM), the kiosks capture End Users’ face images and send them to AlertEnterprise’s application programming interface (API) to auto-generate hexadecimal face identifiers (ID’s). AlertEnterprise does not store the face ID’s and face images.
Registration Information: When a customer registers to use AlertEnterprise’s products and services, we may collect certain information related to such customer (“Registration Information” and End User Data, collectively “Customer Data”). This includes the customer name and customer details, billing information and names and contact details of customer employees and representatives who are using the products and services (e.g., email, phone number and address). When a customer uses the products and services, AlertEnterprise may also collect certain log data, such as internet protocol (IP) address from which a customer is connecting to the product and services, information related to the device being used to connect to the product and services (e.g., browser type, device type, operating system version) and the features and functions of the products and services used by the customer (“Log Data”).
3. How Personal Information is Collected by AlertEnterprise
System Operations Data Processing: AlertEnterprise may collect personal information that may be incidentally contained in systems operations data. We may collect this data for the following purposes only:
- To help keep our products and services secure, including for security monitoring and identity management
- To investigate and prevent potential fraud or illegal activities involving our systems and networks, including to prevent cyber-attacks
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business, including to comply with
legally-mandated reporting, disclosure or other legal process requests, for mergers and acquisitions, finance and accounting, archiving and insurance purposes, legal and business consulting, and in the context of dispute resolution.
Face Recognition Data Processing: AlertEnterprise collects face images of End Users that our customers may provide to us for their face recognition services. AlertEnterprise does not retain any face recognition data. Once a face is recognized, it is converted into a face ID by our face recognition API and the face image is deleted. The face ID is stored by our software solution on-premise at customer sites. This is a voluntary option offered to customers’ employees and visitors when they sign customers’ privacy and consent notices each time their face is read for facial recognition purposes.
4. How Personal Information is Used by AlertEnterprise
When AlertEnterprise receives End User Data from a customer, it uses such End User Data as follows:
- To provide such customers with the products and services they have purchased (e.g., to return unique face IDs generated by AlertEnterprise’s face recognition API for on-premise face recognition services)
- To improve our API’s over time
- To troubleshoot any issues reported by our customers
With regards to Registration Information and Log Data, we use such information to authenticate log-ins to the products and services, to communicate with the customer and to process payments for the products and services. We may also use Registration Information to inform customers of any updates to the products and services (e.g., new features and functionalities) and Log Data to understand how customers are using the products and services so that we may efficiently audit, maintain and improve the products and services provided to customers.
AlertEnterprise may use information derived from the aggregation of End User Data and/or Log Data with other data for research and analytics purposes and improvement of the products and services. Aggregated data shall be anonymous and in no way reveal the identity of the customer or any End User.
5. Sharing Personal Information
AlertEnterprise does not share or disclose Customer Data with any third party, except:
- Upon our customer’s request
- To our affiliates as necessary to help us support and maintain the products and services provided to customers
- To our service providers who help to support our products and services (e.g., data hosting providers and
- When legally required (e.g., court orders or other lawful requests by public authorities)
- To respond to or to prevent fraud, or to protect the safety of AlertEnterprise, our customers, End Users or the public
- As part of any merger or acquisition of AlertEnterprise
6. Information Protection and Retention
AlertEnterprise will not retain End User Data for more than twenty-four months except where otherwise directed by customers or required or allowed by law. Registration Information and Log Data will not be retained for more time than is needed to serve the legitimate business need for which it was collected.
AlertEnterprise implements appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to protect against unauthorized access, accidental loss, destruction or damage of Customer Data. If you have questions about the security of your personal information, or if you have reason to believe that the personal information that we hold about you is no longer secure, please contact us immediately at: email@example.com.